After a hiatus of a few months, the latest version of the peterjamesthomas.com Data and Analytics Dictionary is now available. It includes 30 new definitions, some of which have been contributed by people like Tenny Thomas Soman, George Firican, Scott Taylor and and Taru Väre. Thanks to all of these for their help.
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- Business Glossary (contributor: Tenny Thomas Soman)
- Chart (Graph)
- Data Architecture – Definition (2)
- Data Catalogue
- Data Community
- Data Domain (contributor: Taru Väre)
- Data Enrichment
- Data Federation
- Data Function
- Data Model
- Data Operating Model
- Data Scrubbing
- Data Service
- Data Sourcing
- Decision Model
- Embedded BI / Analytics
- Genetic Algorithm
- Geospatial Data
- Management Information (MI)
- Master Data – additional definition (contributor: Scott Taylor)
- Reference Data (contributor: George Firican)
- Robotic Process Automation
- Self-service (BI or Analytics)
Remember that The Dictionary is a free resource and quoting contents (ideally with acknowledgement) and linking to its entries (via the buttons provided) are both encouraged.
If you have found The Data & Analytics Dictionary helpful, we would love to learn more about this. Please post something in the comments section or contact us and we may even look to feature you in a future article.
The Data & Analytics Dictionary will continue to be expanded in coming months.
Please note that any submissions will be subject to editorial review and are not guaranteed to be accepted.